Friday, May 02, 2008

News!

Hello and good day!
Hope the warmer weather is cheering everyone up, at least some! The rain isn't ideal, but at least it's warm again!! Yay!
So, in the news: I'm learning how to stain! I'm excited. I'm attempting on the pine chairs we bought from ikea. We figured they'd be the cheapest things to make mistakes on, so I'm starting with their underside. Then I'll work on staining wood for shelves we want to build. I feel very productive! Eventually we'll get to our kitchen table, which will need to be stripped then re-stained. Then we build our own shelves! Yay! We'll see how adventurous we're able to get with that. Andy wants something to do the job (hold crap up), and I want something to also look nice and match the things we have already (coordinated look). We'll probably get on each other's nerves, but it'll end up working for both of us. :D
My health: I just had a doctor's appointment this morning, and my biochemical results (diabetes check, cholesterol check, hormone level check) all came back in normal order, so that's a very good thing. She said that with PCOS they typically check for 3 symptoms: biochemical symptoms, menstrual symptoms, and ultrasonic symptoms. I have 2 out of the 3, but that's not a bad thing (I'd rather have it the way it is, at any rate). She said that the cysts formed are not permanent damage to my ovaries, it just requires extra help in order for my body to ovulate on a regular basis and doesn't mean that my fertility will regress as I continue to have PCOS. That was good news. That's about all I have for my health.
Plans: Andy and I are now considering the Fall of 09 to move to Ottawa for me to do my studies. If you can spare a prayer for us, we'd appreciate more guidance and light on where we should be in the next year or so. We're feeling more strongly about this option than others we've been considering, but we're still not completely sure. I will hopefully be starting the GDRE (Graduate Diploma in Religious Education) program at Newman come this Fall, though. Only part-time (we still need a second income), but this should help fill some areas of study that I feel I need. Having some Religious Ed. background would be extremely helpful in a parish environment, cause no matter who you end up working with, there will always be some teaching involved somewhere. So as long as I'm approved to start, I'll be starting in the Fall. Pray that goes well :).
Other: there isn't much else. Andy's parents are hopefully coming the weekend of May 10th, and it'll be great to see them again. We're hoping to go camping on the long weekend (still figuring out where), and that's really about it! Well, except that it's less than 25 days until my birthday, that is. WOOHOO I'll be 26! Well, officially I'll have completed my 26th year, which is totally a reason to celebrate! I'm excited.

Anything new happening out there? Keep me posted on what's new for you!

No comments: