Monday, May 23, 2005

Paradise!

Hola!
I come back to BC and it never fails to remind me why I'd so much rather be here than in flat, boring Alberta. :D. Nothing beats the mountains, the trees, and the luscious growth of nature all around. It's like entering paradise. Gorgeous.

So, I have a half hour before my uncle comes to pick me up here in Campbell River. I discovered soon after I arrived at the rectory that they have wireless internet set up at the parish here (awesome!), so I've been surfing around when I get the chance. I think I like the internet, most times. Speaking of which, 53 days until the release of the Half-Blood Prince.

Friday I bought a book. I don't know if any of you have heard of the books "A Series of Unfortunate Events" by Lemony Snicket (I think that's how it's spelled), but they're very creative and I'm liking them the more that I read them. They're a children's book series, if you're not familiar with them. He has a very good way of increasing children's vocabulary. I wish I had these books when I was young. They're fun.

Anyways, not much else to comment about. My stay here has been really good; still discerning if I feel called here or not, but it's leaning towards the 'yes' side, if they offer the position to me. Funny enough, my old high school teacher, Danny Brock, and his wife, Phil, were up here from Victoria this weekend; they had no idea I'd be up here (they were the ones who recommended to Fr. Bill to look into hiring a pastoral assistant). They also said that if I'm hired, I'll probably be the first (salary) paid youth minister in the diocese. That's a kinda fun thought.

Anyways, for all you die-hards out there, how was the Star Wars movie? I haven't heard much from anyone. To answer your question Travis, I get back Saturday at noon, and I'll be moving back to PG Monday (30th), so that's about a day and a half...sorta. The Friars are having a big party Saturday night, too...I should check when that is.

So take care, all, and keep me informed on what's going on for all youse.

Peace be with you,
Jane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering my question Jane and whoa that doesn't leave you much time to pack! Enjoy the party with the Friars, they are always a bit of fun.
I would have read that Lemony Snicket book but they made a movie right so now we don't have to read it! Right?!?! How many books are there anyways? and are they a recent series? My reading list right now consists of a series of short stories I found in an old english anthology. I just finished a story called "open boat" by Steven Crane. It was about a bunch of men stranded at sea. they were gonna die. and then they didn't. then one did.... yeah, well if it made it into an anthology im sure it had much more meaning than that. Next on my short story list is "Araby" by James Joyce. This one I've read like 50 times and i still love it! Well, take care over there in Paradise, where the grass is green and ... nice to walk on.