Saturday, June 04, 2005

Home sweet home

G'day all you people!

I am now presently in Prince George, and doing stuff and trying to keep busy. Yup, that's about it so far. Well, that and trying to dodge forest fires that seem to be continuously surrounding the area, but that's no problem, really...it, er, happens every year!

I am pleased to say that my mom has bought me a summer pass to Women's Zone Fitness, and it's so awesome! By the end of the summer, I might actually feel like I could competently play a game of football again! That hasn't happened since I left this place!

In other awesome news, my friend Kristy just had her first child, and is he ever cuuuute!!! I'll have to get a photo up here as soon as I get one. Oh, is he ever sweet. She said she started contractions around midnight on the 2nd, got to the hospital around 3:30 or 4:30 in the morning (of the 2nd), and Duncan Robert was born at 7:14am. I can't believe how quick her labour was! Good on them, though, makes it a lot easier, I hear. So he was 8lbs 3oz (I think, that may change as I remember more correctly) and about 20 inches long. Cuuute kid. Congrats Kristy & Kelly!

And in other news, my friend Celia, my brother Adam and I are trying to form a small catering company for the summer, catering to the higher class people so that we can earn enough money for our first semester of school. We're providing food and entertainment, as Celia is an amazing musician, so she will play music during the meal. We have yet to fully set things up, but hopefully we'll be ready to go by the end of next week. We're planning on doing 10-13 dinners over the summer, as that will bring in enough money and still give us the flexibility of time to do things we want to do.

Yup, that's about it. I'm currently waiting to hear back from both St. Mike's and Regis in Toronto to see if I got into one of them for next year. Not much else has been happening beyond that, though. Haven't seen Star Wars III; not sure if I will be able to afford it this summer, but there's always the DVD, right? ;).

TTYL y'all!
-Jane

No comments: